Monday, June 29, 2009

What's on My Design Wall 6-29


This week I have something to show. I started this about a week ago. Haven't been working on it solid, but have got the top two sections sewn together. It's a Hidden Wells pattern, so all the outside edges of the blocks are bias. I made sure I used plenty of Best Press to keep them relatively solid. The blocks end up 8 inches finished, so this part will be 48 x 56. I'm going to add a couple of borders once the top is all together. I don't have a recipient for this one yet, but I'll figure out who should get it eventually. Maybe it will end up another baby quilt. There aren't any if the offing that I know of, but I'm sure someone, somewhere that I know will have a baby soon.

bluesignaturesmall

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hey Mary
Your link on Judy's site links to an old design wall post in May. But I figured out how to get to your new post and love your hidden wells...it is my colours! I love the Best Press for bias edges too.

Lynn said...

Very pretty.

Susan Calitz said...

I would love to do a hidden wells quilt. I think the
pattern is superb.

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

I love the colours in this quilt! Whoever gets it is lucky:)

Allie said...

Looking great, Mary!

Susan said...

Wow...this is as pretty as the other one! I love the pink and orange together!

Marilyn said...

Love these colors together! Very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...