Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quilt Tote

Here is the finished tote. It's pretty big, about 25 inches wide and 22 tall. The bottom is 8 inches wide, so it will be able to hold a large size quilt pretty easily. It was very easy to make though I had to make some adjustments because of the width of fabric I had left after making two shopping totes from the panel.

I lined the inside with the blue fabric, and have a 5/8 inch dowel that I cut in half for the handles. I have to either sew the ends of the casing for the handle closed or use some other kind of less permanent closure because the dowels will fall out every time I put the thing down.

Next...I think it's time to quilt something again.


bluesignaturesmall

2 comments:

Allie said...

Wonderful! So very summery and vibrant. Great job! My stripes would've come out on the diagonal, lol.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks great Mary! I love the stripes! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...