Friday, June 26, 2009

Coffee Bag Bag



We were in Hawaii last year in March. We visited the Greenwell Coffee Farms (even though we don't drink coffee) to take a tour. They had these unused coffee bags for sale and also some totes already made from the bags. I think the totes were about $15, and the bags were only about $5. Joe really like the totes, so I bought a bag to make one. I finally got around to it today. I made it much more difficult than it had to be. I kept making silly mistakes, so there is a lot of un-sewing going on in this one. I finally finished it (just).

The lining is fabric I bought to make other totes...since there is a bit of green on the coffee bag, I decided to use the green fabric I had. I think it turned out well, and I think Joe will like it.


bluesignaturesmall

5 comments:

Dolores said...

It turned out really nice. I like the green fabric you used as lining. Too bad about the reverse sewing.

Allie said...

I like that a lot!!!! What a great memento of your trip. Love the lining fabric too. I hate making silly mistakes, but mine usually show - yours sure don't!

Joyce said...

Nice bag. I totally love the green lining fabric.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How neat!~ if you didn't tell us, we'd never know you had a little frog stitching to do! ;-)

Lindi said...

It looks great! Love the lining.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...