Saturday, February 12, 2011

Teaching a Class

Back in 2010 (June) I did a 15 minute presentation about making Kaleidoscope blocks. A number of guild members said they would like to take a class, and I was willing and it's happening this Saturday. I (with my fellow teacher Jeanie) did a presentation tonight as a kind of introduction. I shared lots of fabric ( I have a ton) and talked about what kind of fabric would work well, and what wouldn't.



Today, I worked with Jeanie and we taught the class. We had 12 students and it was so fun to see and hear their excitement about the wonderfulness of stacking then cutting fabric and the magic that happens.We taught 3 different patterns, isn't that fun. I forgot to get pictures of the original fabrics but you can see how pretty these came out.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Those are really stunning - my girlfriend has a book on that method and has never tried it, maybe I should borrow it from her. Wish I could take your class!

Debby said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish I lived close enough to take the class.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...