Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pinning Away

 Because it's a cold day (not snow day, just really cold) I have time to quilt today. I took out my UFO #10 and it's going to be slow to finish (I think). I'm pretty sure I understand the directions now, and I've got the first set of strips pinned together ready to be sewed (sewn?).  Once I have this seam done, I'll press and see if I really do understand what I'm doing.

I know this doesn't look much different than the last picture, but all the seams are now sewn, it's officially a completed top. I hope that doesn't mean it is now another UFO! The longer dark borders aren't supposed to have a seam, but I only had a yard of fabric when I started this, so didn't have a long enough piece to make one long border. I added the extra seam, and I think it looks OK.

When I get bored with the UFO I'll see about pinning this and getting ready to quilt.

How funny, until I just had a comment about the mistake in the quilt on the right side, I didn't see it. I guess I'll be doing some unsewing. Thanks anonymous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this little quilt - but just out of curiosity, did you mean to switch the pink square with the white/purple 4-Patch on the right side? I'm always amazed when I don't see my mistakes until I see the picture of the quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...