Monday, August 17, 2009

What's on My Design Wall 8-17

This is going to be a "kilt" from Hawaiian fabric. It's not there yet, but I hope to have it done before we go to the highland games in a couple of weeks.
This is fabric I bought in Bend last year when I went to the Sisters quilt show. This was a 5 yard bundle, and it took a long time to figure out what to do with it. I'm going to use the Jelly Beans from quickquilts.com

It's not going to look anything like the picture online (though I like that one a lot) but I think I will like it well enough. I'm making it bigger than the online version. I need to find border fabric (don't have enough of anything left to use as a border), but I think I'll be able to, and maybe even from my stash.

Check out other folks' design walls on Judy's website.

bluesignaturesmall

2 comments:

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Love the kilt! By the way, the Hawaiian Scottish Association Hawaiian Scottish Games and Festival is scheduled for April 10 and 11th 2010. It is located a Kapiolani Park in Waikiki with athletic events and highland dance competition. Come join us in your Hawaiian fabric kilt!
bgailey@hawaii.rr.com

Allie said...

I can't wait to see that kilt - I love it already! I like that quilt pattern too, and am looking forward to seeing your version. Love the fabrics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...