Monday, August 17, 2009

What's on My Design Wall 8-17

This is going to be a "kilt" from Hawaiian fabric. It's not there yet, but I hope to have it done before we go to the highland games in a couple of weeks.
This is fabric I bought in Bend last year when I went to the Sisters quilt show. This was a 5 yard bundle, and it took a long time to figure out what to do with it. I'm going to use the Jelly Beans from

It's not going to look anything like the picture online (though I like that one a lot) but I think I will like it well enough. I'm making it bigger than the online version. I need to find border fabric (don't have enough of anything left to use as a border), but I think I'll be able to, and maybe even from my stash.

Check out other folks' design walls on Judy's website.



Lynne in Hawaii said...

Love the kilt! By the way, the Hawaiian Scottish Association Hawaiian Scottish Games and Festival is scheduled for April 10 and 11th 2010. It is located a Kapiolani Park in Waikiki with athletic events and highland dance competition. Come join us in your Hawaiian fabric kilt!

Allie said...

I can't wait to see that kilt - I love it already! I like that quilt pattern too, and am looking forward to seeing your version. Love the fabrics!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...