Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Early Morning Jelly Beans

Remember all those lovely 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" strips from Monday. Well here they are all cut to length. I woke up at about 4:30 this morning, and decided to do some more work on this quilt. I was cutting away, cutting, cutting cutting....there, all done!

Now to put some of the strips together to see what a block would look like. See that white paper on the right hand side with the green and purple colors on it, that's my "map" to make sure I get a good mix of strips throughout the quilt. So, I took the strips for the first blocks and put them next to each other. "One block that is 2 1/2 x 4 1/2...got it. On each side of that 1 1/2 x 4 1/2, hmm that looks nice. On the ends 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 again. Hey, this is starting to look pretty good. Next 1 1/2 x 6 1/2...? What, those are much too short, but I cut them all the sa......me! Ooops, not 1 1/2 x 6 1/2, no, no, no 1 1/2 x 8 1/2!"

See all these wonderful 1 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch strips, they're 2 inches too short. That's what happens when you get up at 4:30 and decide to cut some strips.

Luckily I had enough fabric that I could cut more 1 1/2 inch strips and cut the correct length, I even have ONE block done. See...


bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Allie said...

Ok, I can do that in the middle of the afternoon, after a good night's sleep - lol! Looking really good, Mary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...