Monday, April 20, 2009

The Border Choice

Thank you all for your opinions...it was unanimous. The first border (the swirly batik) was the choice of all. I have to agree with you all too.

I also just got my order from Connecting Threads today (well, it probably actually arrived on Friday or Saturday, but we were stuck in the house because of the snow). I'll see about using the thread tonight to apply the border and I'll let you know what I think. I bought 4 cones of 5000 feet of neutrals to piece with, and a set of brights. Ten spools of thread 1200 yards each. I will use those for quilting or whatever strikes my fancy. Oh, I almost forgot, I also picked up my 1/4" foot from the Bernina store. I has a guide so that the seam should almost sew itself. I have a pretty consistent 1/4" seam, but thought this might make piecing an accurate seam even easier--I'll use that too and report back.

Wow, I have a lot of homework. I better get to work.

bluesignaturesmall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...