Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hydrangea 4-patch finished...I think

Do you think it needs another border--maybe a blue? I can't decide. It's about 39 x 57.

Thanks for your help--I'm going to add a border for 2 reasons, it seems like the quilt doesn't have an edge, and I want to make the quilt a little bigger. Yellow and dark green were suggested, I think both would do well, but the dark green I have isn't the right color, and the yellow is TOO bright. I do have a periwinkle that I think will work just fine. More pictures when I cut the fabric.

bluesignaturesmall

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I think it needs another border, darker color but that is just my opinion. xxx

Debby said...

I like your squares. The border you have is nice, but have you tried a dark green or yellow for the border? Just a thought.

Lindi said...

IMHO it will depend on what you use for the binding. Maybe you could "use" it to give the appearance of a thin border.

Marilyn said...

I agree with what Lindi said as to what you might use for binding. It depends on what you want to bring out in the blocks. The periwinkle sounds nice and I'm thinking a bright yellow binding but by all means tell us your thoughts Mary.

Joyce said...

I could definitely see it with a blue border.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...