Friday, September 3, 2010

Another one Done

It's quiletd, bound and labeled. I'm happy it's done. It doesn't have a recipient yet, but I'll figure someone out.I saw a label on someone's blog that I liked to I did a similar thing. I printed out what I wanted to say on a strip of fabric, traced it with a fabric pen, then enclosed the ends by sewing them together. Then, as I finished sewing on the binding, I included it. It's a little flap of fabric on the back of the quilt. It's soft enough not to be bothersome, but obvious enough that the quilt will stay labeled.
I'm going to start quilting the next one soon. It will have a fleece backing as well. It is the butterfly blooms top that I finished in June of 2009. You can see the whole top by clicking on the link above. That's one of the reasons I like blogging. I would have no idea how long ago I finished that one, except I've blogged about it.

2 comments:

Allie said...

That is so gorgeous - and I love how you did the label! Better than a big huge one. Your butterfly blooms quilt is gorgeous too! I agree, I'd have no idea what I made except for blogging. I can go back and look through and be somewhat impressed [or discouraged, lol!]

Anonymous said...

your label idea is great. Thanks for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...