Sunday, September 26, 2010

A bit more progress

This is how I am marking the fabric pieces. I traced all the pieces on paper, and cut them out. I pin and trace around each piece so I have the sewing line marked. Then I measure 1/4" away for the cutting line. I use a rotary cutter to cut each piece out. Oh, I also starched each piece of fabric so there is less stretching.

You can see the marks on the second picture. It really helps to have the seam lines marked, and the little tick marks to match one piece to another. It's a bit tedious, but gets the job done.

Here is what I have pieced so far.I Not too exciting yet, but I think it will look good when it's done. The green is just laying on the mountains at the moment. I'm too tired to sew it right now. More tomorrow after work.

If you want to see what other folks have on their design walls, check Judy's blog.

12 comments:

Allie said...

It looks AMAZING so far, Mary. I'm really impressed. Have you done something like this before??

Wordfiend said...

I think it looks beautiful already.

Carol B in NH said...

So nice! Love landscapes :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like it's coming along really well!

Kathie said...

Looks very much like mountains to me.

Chris said...

It is looking great so far. I can't wait to see where you go with this quilt.

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty, I wonder what it is all going to look like? I will have to check later.

Cathy said...

That banner is going to be fabulous when it is done. I'll be watching you progress with a lot of interest. I have that book you were taking about, but haven't had the courage to try anything yet.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

This is interesting. Can't wait to see it nearing completion
glen

Teaquilts said...

Love those two colors together and am looking forward to seeing the end product.

Gari in AL said...

Thanks for explaining how you are getting your pieces to fit. And your mountains are looking great.

Anonymous said...

This looks great! And I am truly glad to see someone else has lots of projects in various stages... Karen
...and I am a new follower.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...