Monday, September 13, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I got the block section of the quilt done, now I just have the borders to do. Yay! If you want to see what the whole top looks like, check here. The borders shouldn't take too long, and then I'll be able to mark this one as done.

Next up, a banner for my church. I've ordered silk noil from Dharma and have figured out how I plan to piece it. I have Ruth McDowell's "Piecing; Expanding the Basics" and I'm going to use some photos of Pikes Peak to make a plan to piece it so it looks like it's a mountain, and not just a solid piece of fabric. I've started playing with how I will piece it. Here is a quick trial. It looks a bit too much like lava, so I'm going to have to change how the pieces form the mountain, but I think you can get the idea.

Ooops, I forgot to add the link to Judy's blog. Click to check out what other folks have on their design walls.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love that quilt Mary, just gorgeous - and I can't wait to see how you piece that banner. I'm an admirer of Ruth McDowell's work, didn't know she had a book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...