Sunday, September 26, 2010

Banner Progress

Here is the fabric I dyed for the banner, laid out in the approximate places they will hold on the banner. I've decide that I'm going to take the leap and try some of the oil sticks I have to add detail. I plan to use some thread to draw details, then highlight them with the Shiva sticks. I haven't done this before, but I think I can do it. I'll use a piece of freezer paper and iron it down as the edge, then bring the oil onto the fabric from there. The first piece of sky (just above the mountains) looks a bit pink in the photo, but it's actually a very pale blue.

The next picture shows how I drew out the various pieces, and marked them so I can sew them together. I used Ruth McDowell's book as a guide to get an idea of the best way to cut the various pieces. Then I used that drawing and traced the pieces onto other sheets of paper so I can mark and cut them accurately. I'll take some more shots as I go along to show you how I'm actually sewing.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Gorgeous fabrics! That is a lot of pieces - this is going to be wonderful.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...