This is my cutting table, with fabric on it that has been cut! This is a sewing machine that has been threaded and is ready to sew!
Today we put the molding on the outside of the sewing room window, and put foam between the window and the wall to fill the empty space to stop the wind. It was about 45 degrees outside, and quite cozy in my room. It is one more step closer to REALLY done.
I cut the binding for the quilt that was quilted in June--I hope to get it done and to the recipient next week. I was making the binding and started to iron it in half and roll it onto a bit of a paper towel tube. I cut the tube about 2", and then when I was ready to sew I thought of the hook I had bought previously for my rulers. I have my rulers in a holder on the wall, so this hook was just sitting around. I realized I had cut the tube just about the right width to fit on this tube, so I put the hook under my sewing machine to hold it up, then put the tube with the binding on the hook. It works great, so I thought I would share.
Here are a couple of pictures.
Oh, and one more leaf picture--I couldn't resist. The aspens this year are just amazing--I think this might be another quilt inspiration.