Sunday, May 18, 2008

Quilt for an Hour update and Graduation Project

I cut all the bits and pieces for the quilt for an hour--took a VERY long time. I thought the angle was 45 degrees--not so. I cut some pieces then did a trial square with the star points, it didn't come out even close to right--so back to the drawing board. I finally figured out that it has the same star points as the "54 40 or fight" block and found a site online that had templates--that lead me to the correct angles--I had a lazy angle ruler that had the right ones and so all the pieces are cut. I cut the paper template that I found and taped it to the lazy angle ruler and that worked for me.


I have started the next project. My niece is graduating from college at the end of the month. I've had the fabric for about 3-4 years and decided the time is now. It's going to be a stack n whack--Spin Cycle. The pattern was in the Fons and Porter Love of Quilting May-June 2006. I think it's going to be fun.


The colors aren't exactly right--The orange in the blocks below matches the orange behind the ruler in the pic above. I am going to have the orange for sashing--I haven't decided if I'm going to have black or white as the corner triangles and around each block. I think I'll have to try and see.

bluesignaturesmall

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love, love those stack n whack Spin cycle blocks. Do you have a pic of your focus fabric. I love the fabrics you choose.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great variety of blocks from your fabric! And - I like to make a sample block before cutting an entire quilt too - saves me lots of grief sometimes!!!

Cheers!
Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...