Monday, May 26, 2008

Spin Cycle Setting




Here is the setting I am going to use. I just have to figure out what I should put in the blocks between the sashing. I have a pale pinky-peach batik in two of the blocks in this picture, but I'm thinking it might be too pale (since I can't barely see it's there). As I was putting this up, I thought maybe some more of the green that is in the sashing. Or maybe I should find a stronger pink--I'm a bit stumped on this one. I found this fabric at the local Ben Franklin's. It has dragonflies in an orangey tone--I really like it.

I have also thought of more of the kaleido-blocks, but I'd have to set up another stack-n-whack cutting stack, and I don't know that I want to do that--maybe I'll just have to break down and do it.



Haven't been sewing much this weekend, we've been tiling the kitchen. I've mostly been the fetcher and cutter, but it looks nice. Now comes the hard part, cutting the curve where it will meet the laminate in the living room. We'll see how that goes.

Notice the trashcan in the background? That's so the bears don't get it. We haven't put up a bear proof place where we can stash the cans yet. No problem during the winter, but about 2 weeks ago, a bear opened the can and found delectable things to eat. So until we build something we get to share space with the trash can. It's a motivator, I'm telling you.


bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I agree with you on the green fabric for the cornerstones. Looks good. I like your tile floor. I am so jealous. I would love to rip out our carpet and put some down. One of these days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...