I didn't even think to post the fabric the spin cycle blocks were cut from until Marilyn brought it to my attention--so, here is the fabric I cut the blocks from.
I was going to use a black background, and an orange stripe, but it looked too much like Halloween. So I bought this light green fabric instead. When I got it home I thought it might look good as the background, but I just like the black better. So it will be black with the green fabric as a stripe down the center of the sashing. If you are interested in making this quilt, here is a link to the free PDF file from the Bethany Reynolds website. I really like the way the slices are cut. Because of the method used, there is always an edge of the fabric that is being sewn with the straight grain of fabric.