Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stuff

 Here is the main section of the top all put together. I'm going to use the sashing fabric for a narrow inner border, then I have a darker green that I think I'm going to use for the outer border. I was thinking of adding a pieced border, but I think for the blocks to be the focus, I'll just use a plain border as a frame.

Here is a shot with the fabric I'm thinking of using for the outer border. It has stars on it, but I think it will be OK. The color looks fine with the greens in the main fabric, so I'm going to just do it. I'm trying really hard not to buy more fabric (though I did break down and get two pieces a couple of days ago).


One fabric I bought is the one marked above. I've been planning to make this quilt for a while but I still need to buy a couple more darks...I have plenty of mediums and lights. It is from Judy Laquidara's blog and called Peaches and Dreams. I never use oranges, but I love this one, so I'm going to make it.

The gray fabric to the right was the other piece I bought. I decided I wanted a gray to use and first picked up a print. It is a newer fabric so cost about $11 per yard. I then looked at the batiks and saw this one. It was only $9 per yard...probably because it has been around a bit longer.

 I somehow followed an internet trail from Judy's Design Wall Monday and saw a quilt called Jack's Chain . I have never seen this pattern before, but I'm intrigued. I'm going to use the solids shown and the gray for the background. Don't know when I'm going to start, but I'm liking the idea. I don't know how I'm going to distribute the colors yet, but I'll think of something.

1 comment:

Allie said...

That quilt is beautiful!!! I think the dark green is great for the border. I love the oranges - and the fabrics for Jack's Chain, what a great pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...