Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday-July 18

 Wow, it's been almost 2 months since I last posted. Here is the current work on the design wall. This is left over fabric from a quilt I made my niece about 2 years ago. I was looking for something quick and easy to get back into the quilting groove. I've been working on the house this summer and wasn't feeling motivated.
The blocks are simple 4-patches, and I didn't worry about matching the second seam. I figured it was supposed to be be quick and easy, and who would notice from 10 feet away! I had the sashing fabric and I'm going to be sad when it's gone. It's a pink and peach batik that seams to go with the difficult fabric I'm using. 
I still have to figure out and add borders, but I think I'mm going to keep them simple. 

Check out Judy's blog for more design walls. 

7 comments:

Happy Room Diana said...

love the quilt, the colours are really nice

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

I'm working with a teenager on a 4-patch posie in a month! Beautiful fabric you're using.

Vicki H. said...

I love these quilts and your fabric is wonderful. Keep it simple for the little flowers to pop out, looks fab.

Allie said...

Well hi Mary, good to see you posting! This is a lovely quilt - you don't need anything complicated for such beautiful fabric. Hope to see you soon, and I hope too that you're enjoying your summer!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool project! How fun that each block is so different!

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! Very interesting way to use up leftovers that is totally unique. Hope it continues to please you as you finish it.

Debby said...

Welcome back! Love the how each block is so different with the lovely colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...