Friday, July 22, 2011

Rainbow Containers

 I had fun making these. I've had the dyed cord for about a year and decided today to do something with them. The taller one is about 5 inches tall and the wider one is 8 inches at the longest dimension.





I had a bit of an idea of what I wanted when I started. For this one I was thinking of pencils. I can't get it to have straight sides but this is pretty close.

I have a container similar to this near my sewing machine. In it I put all of my little notions that I need regularly...scissors, seam ripper, seam roller, magnifying glass, rotary cutter...well you get the idea, so I thought I'd make another one. Don't know who they're for yet, but I like them.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Baskets are always so handy, and these are very attractive. Love the colors.

Ann Marie said...

Love these happy looking baskets, you did a fabulous job.

Bonnie said...

Very nice - the colors are so great!!

Allie said...

These are just beautiful - exactly like a rainbow! I have a small vintage tray next to my sewing machine for essentials..you really need some way to keep them corralled. Beautiful job Mary!

Michelle said...

Those are lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...