Friday, July 22, 2011

Rainbow Containers

 I had fun making these. I've had the dyed cord for about a year and decided today to do something with them. The taller one is about 5 inches tall and the wider one is 8 inches at the longest dimension.





I had a bit of an idea of what I wanted when I started. For this one I was thinking of pencils. I can't get it to have straight sides but this is pretty close.

I have a container similar to this near my sewing machine. In it I put all of my little notions that I need regularly...scissors, seam ripper, seam roller, magnifying glass, rotary cutter...well you get the idea, so I thought I'd make another one. Don't know who they're for yet, but I like them.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Baskets are always so handy, and these are very attractive. Love the colors.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love these happy looking baskets, you did a fabulous job.

Bonnie said...

Very nice - the colors are so great!!

Allie said...

These are just beautiful - exactly like a rainbow! I have a small vintage tray next to my sewing machine for essentials..you really need some way to keep them corralled. Beautiful job Mary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...