Saturday, February 27, 2010

The results

Here are the results of all the dyeing I did yesterday. I started out on the clothesline, and with the dye left, I dyed the fabric. The purple and fuchsia were pretty successful in the light/medium/dark dyeing. The others, not so much. I'll have to redye the darkest orange, and the darkest yellow. The turquoise has almost no difference at all in all three fabrics. I don't know if I can make it any darker, but it's worth a shot. I may have to add just a pinch of fuchsia to the yellow to make the darkest hue have any discernible difference.

I like the clotheslines. I'm surprised at how washed out the orange was on it. It has even less color than the yellow, which really surprised me.

My husband asked for a bowl, so the blue/purple/green will will become one for him.

All in all, a fun experience.


Mary

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I can't wait to see the bowl finished. The dye job looks great - to me at least.

American Made Quilting said...

Very Good Job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...