Friday, June 12, 2015

Rolling some Fabric

No, even though I live in Colorado I am not smoking the fabric!

My previous method of storing fabric was to fold it around 9 inch plastic board, then stack it in the small cubes I have. They just fit in the space, so it was a pretty good fit. The big problem was that taking pieces out from the bottom of the stack, then trying to get pieces back in to a stack resulted in a mess, and after a while I would just stuff pieces in.

I decided that I needed to tidy that mess up. The cubes I have are about 14 x 14 x 10. Previously they were put together so they were taller rather than wider. I took them apart and put them back together so they are now wider rather than taller and I'm folding my fabric around acid-free comic book boards.

The mini bolts that result are easier to move around. The go in and come out of the cubes much more easily. The only change I'm going to make is to put a pin in each fabric to hold the end in.

While doing my searching for fabric organization methods I found a free PDF for wraps for remnants. I am using it for larger than scraps, but smaller than mini-bolts. I'm going to put these in a basket or a tote; somehow make them relatively easy to access. If you're interested you can find them here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...