This quilt started out as a Storm at Sea, but I didn't like the way the blocks came out, so made this lap quilt instead. I was going to use the cornerstone fabric for the border, but it felt too aggressive to me, so I found the gentler diamond fabric that I used for a back some time ago. This way the blocks stand out int he quilt. It works form me, even though it's not what I was going to do.
This month Judy has pulled number 9 for the UFO challenge. I need to finish quilting the Butterfly Blooms top (while I was quilting, there were tension problems, so I removed some of the quilting.) I also need to add some width for the bed it is going to go one. I'll figure out something, though I don't know what yet. It shouldn't take too long, then I think I want to work on the rainbow plates.
I have these cut out in two or three different sizes and want to start making a top out of them. This one makes me happy!
Enjoy looking at what other people have on their design walls at Judy's blog.