Monday, January 18, 2010

Design Wall 1-18-10


Still working on Quilting, not piecing (though that is my preference). I didn't finish quilting the Shadow Stars quilt for an hour, but this one is a commission and needs to be done by the end of January. I'm putting minkee on the back, so have to pin well, and be sure I only quilt lengthwise (that's the non-stretch direction).

I had to go out and buy more pins so I got stuck for a bit. The bulk of the pins I own are being used in still another top that is pinned and ready to be quilted. If I can finish these up in the next week or so, I'm giving myself permission to make another top. I have two more grand nieces/nephews on the way...gotta get going on those.

Check Judy's blog to see what others are doing.

Oh, I forgot. I purchased these yesterday...

I plan to make a bowl in the very near future. I just finished pinning the zip it quilt, so will get started this morning. Simple lines from top to bottom, irregular, but not too messy!


6 comments:

Diane said...

pretty green colors. I've never yet used minkee-I'll try to remember that about the stretch in case I do in the future.

Quilter Kathy said...

I really dislike Minkee! Hope it goes okay for you.

Tamera said...

Well, hope you get your quilting done quickly so you can get on to "the fun stuff!"

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks great Mary! I'm looking fwd to your bowl, I haven't tried that yet. ;-) Happy Stitchin'!

Allie said...

I can only pin one top at a time - I have a small number of pins! The bowl looks really neat.

Lindi said...

Minke is beautiful to feel, but the one and only time I used it, it slithered and slid all over the place!
Those bowls sound very interesting, Mary. I haven't seen them around over here yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...