Saturday, November 1, 2008

Emily's Quilt

Here's a bit more of the quilt. I have to larger rectangles to finish, then the border and I'm done. The colors here are closer to reality. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I think I should be able to finish the top today, then I'll see about getting some cozy backing, I may use a minkee type fabric again. The last one I made was very cozy, and I think cozy is called for here.

My hubby brought up a box from under the house last week. It's been there since August of 2003, when we moved stuff under there before we went to Germany. The fabric in it was some rayons for clothing--maybe I'll get to using that; some solid fabrics I bought before we moved to Colorado in 1993 (I was really liking Amish quilts then--still do so I think I might make the "Suitable for Framing" in cool solids and black) and some white, gray and black cotton. I think that might have been from the neutral quilt I made when I was taking the color class. That quilt is now hanging in my office at work. I really like looking at it.


bluesignaturesmall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...