Sunday, November 23, 2008

Next Quilt- Artisan's Palette

I futzed around today, trying to figure out what I was going to do next. I fooled around a bit with the idea of doing a stained glass wall hanging, but I don't think that is going to get done, just not my thing. While I was looking for batiks to use in it, I was looking through fabric and turned and noticed a plastic box under the table. It had lots of batiks in it, because I had pulled them out to make a quilt for my brother. So I started looking at the fabric and the pattern, and decided I would try to find it on my computer. It was a pattern I downloaded from the Northcott web site. I didn't find it, but I did find another one from the same site. It looked easier and more fun to me, so I decided to make it. It is called "Artisan's Palette" and they don't have it on their site anymore, but it looks like this.

It has lots of flying geese in the sashings, so I played around some more trying to figure out the quickest way to make them accurately. I have this problem with triangle blocks not being exactly right. So I tried the "no waste" method, the "Marti Mitchell" template method, and the "Eleanor Burns" method. I did OK with all the methods (but they geese weren't exactly right) but because you trim to size after you sew, I'm going with Eleanor.

I made 16 flying geese in about 65 minutes, and I need 82, so it shouldn't be too bad. Of course I took 5 hours to figure out which method I would use, so the day is mostly gone now!
bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love the look! It's gonna be BEAUTIFUL!!
Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...