I futzed around today, trying to figure out what I was going to do next. I fooled around a bit with the idea of doing a stained glass wall hanging, but I don't think that is going to get done, just not my thing. While I was looking for batiks to use in it, I was looking through fabric and turned and noticed a plastic box under the table. It had lots of batiks in it, because I had pulled them out to make a quilt for my brother. So I started looking at the fabric and the pattern, and decided I would try to find it on my computer. It was a pattern I downloaded from the Northcott web site. I didn't find it, but I did find another one from the same site. It looked easier and more fun to me, so I decided to make it. It is called "Artisan's Palette" and they don't have it on their site anymore, but it looks like this.
accurately. I have this problem with triangle blocks not being exactly right. So I tried the "no waste" method, the "Marti Mitchell" template method, and the "Eleanor Burns" method. I did OK with all the methods (but they geese weren't exactly right) but because you trim to size after you sew, I'm going with Eleanor.
I made 16 flying geese in about 65 minutes, and I need 82, so it shouldn't be too bad. Of course I took 5 hours to figure out which method I would use, so the day is mostly gone now!