Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Starching

I just wanted to mention that I decided to try a starch on the next pattern I'm making because of all the bias edges. I have the flaking and residue left from spray starch in the bottle. I was in my local Ben Franklin's and saw a product that I decided to try. It's Mary Ellen's Best Press. I got the unscented because lots of smells bother me--it works great. So far I've used it on binding strips as I pressed them in half, and the kite shapes for the spider quilt I am making. The fabric is nice and crisp, and doesn't seem to distort. It was $7.95 for a 16 oz. hand spray bottle (so low environmental impact). I don't seem to do very well with bias edges, and heard about using starch to make the fabric less liable to stretch. I'll let you know if it works for me.



bluesignaturesmall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...