Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One down...

...and many more to go. I finished quilting one of the baby blankets, but after I talked to my sister I realized I quilted the one that was due last, first. So now, on to the first one. I have it pinned and have decided how I am going to quilt the center section--don't know about the borders yet, but it will come to me.


This one I quilted in the main section with "dwirling" and I am pretty happy with it. (The pictures are a little weird, but I could only think to use a light from an edge to show the quilting, so I put an uplight on the floor and took the picture--click on the pictures to see a larger version) I know I will get better with this type of quilting as I go. Doodling for quilting is a concept I can work with--yeh PajamaQuilter. She never says she is doodlling, but in my mind that's what she's doing. I even found a small whiteboard that I can use for practice doodling, so I didn't have to buy one.

The next one I am quilting is the "county roads" one with the black leading. I am going to use a modified baptist fan. I was looking at some quilting designs online and decided I could do that with the doodling. I'll post a picture when I get it done, but it looks something like this.
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...