Friday, January 11, 2008

More tops to finish

I decided that I would post pictures of the tops I am going to finish, before I start another quilt. I don't have them all here, but it is a beginning.

This first one is a la Ricky Tims. I took two hand dyed pieces of fabric and cut them apart, then "converged" them. I really, really like this one, but I have no idea what I should do to quilt it. It was so simple to do (just a little attention to detail and this is what I got--wow!

This one is also a convergence quilt, but of the more popular variety. It is only about 24 inches square--again, I have no idea how to quilt it, but I will work on something that will add to the quilt. This top was finished in 2002, I think, and the one above while I was in Germany, so I think 2005.

This one was just finished in May--but it was a retirement present and the retiree has left. It is a signature quilt and will be fourth in line after I finish the 3 quilts for my great-nieces.

Here is one I started in a class--I don't know if I'll ever finish it. The class was with Jackie Robinson and through my quilt guild--hmmmm, 5 years or so ago. I still have the fabrics I collected for it, but I think I may have lost interest. I'll have to look back at the directions to see if I think it still holds my interest enough.

This last one started out as just the blocks--love the colors, love the stack n' whack technique. Then I saw the venetian tiles setting on Bethany Reynolds website and AFTER I had already pieced the blocks, I tried to figure out how to make the tiles. It looks OK, but will need a lot of smoothing. The bias edges have stretched some--I want this one to have some special quilting too.

And just for fun, a detail of the tiles top.

I'll post more when I get pictures of them.

Mary

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very cool. Makes me want to try to do a stack & whack again. Your pictures are wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...