Monday, January 21, 2008

Another One Partly Done!

I have partially quilted the next quilt--it has to be done and sent by tomorrow--probably not till the evening. I'm afraid it's going to be a little bit late for the party. I started by sewing around the quilt top after pinning to keep the top, batting and backing together at the edges. Then I sewed along the border--this is what I just did with the orange and green quilt and it worked just fine. BUT....on that quilt I started in the middle and sort of worked in all directions, and it was fine.

This time I started at one short edge and am working toward the other short edge. It's the only way I could figure to do the fan quilting. I'm a little more than half-way through and I looked at the back and noticed I was pushing the backing fabric toward the unquilted area, and then, with this last set of fans, I noticed that I had some pleats. Well, I'm not going to unquilt the pleats, but I did remove the sewing along the edge of the quilt, and around the border in the unquilted section of the quilt. I'll have to repin, and be careful to not pleat again, but this will just have to do--I just don't think it's necessary for me, and I think the quilt will be appreciated anyway!

Mary





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...