Sunday, February 15, 2015

...a Bit More Progress

 I finally got back to quilting this year. I decided in January the goal would be to make my sewing room usable again. I rearranged it and cleaned some (though there is still plenty to do. The leaves have been staring at me from the design wall for the past year (just about) so that's where I started. I talked to my sister and she had some fabric that was calling her name, and it looked like stack n whack fabric to me. It is the fabric on the left. The fabric below was some that I saw online and decided I had to have for another stack n whack. I put it aside however because I am being disciplined and will at least finish the  background of the aspen leaves quilt first. I

got a good start on that today.  The background fabric is cut from ombre fabric I've had for years. I cut 3 1/2 inch squares and ended up with a bit of two colors in most squares. I have pieced the rows, but haven't sewn the rows together yet. I am going to move to yellow-green, then yellow and somehow I think to dark teal.

I still plan to add a border to the quilt, and if I can make it large enough, I will put it on the guest bed. The size you see there is about 54 x 72.

Update: I finished the rows of background fabric. I like the way it turned out. Now I have to sew all the rows together and then decide how the heck I'm going to attach the leaves to the background. I left "holes" without background squares behind each leaf, but I might end up adding some muslin so the leaves are supported more. Here's an updated picture. It's posting sideways for some reason...

To see what is on other design walls, check here.


Ruth said...

I love those leaves - they are gorgeous with that shading and the background.

Paula, the quilter said...

The first thought that popped into my head when I saw that fabric was 'stack 'n whack' The paisley fabric will be good in one too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...