Friday, April 1, 2011

New UFO for March... oops April!

 Here is my quilt for April. I like it. It just needs quilting, so should be another quick one. How fun to get these done. Now I have to go and find it, and figure out what I am going to do for the quilting.

This was a block exchange/round robin quilt with my guild. We decided what kind of block we wanted, made one, then it went on to the next person to make a some. I don't remember how many the other quilters were supposed to make, but as you can see, I wanted brights and black. One quilter decided she would "mix it up some" and make different blocks, so those didn't make it into the quilt because they didn't work with what I wanted.

I ended up making the smaller blocks at the top and bottom so that the quilt would be more useable. I didn't want a wall hanging. Now, what to quilt?

4 comments:

Brita said...

That's beautiful! I think simple quilting is all it needs, the colors and pattern are stunning in themselves.

Wordfiend said...

Beautiful colours and design, as always.

Allie said...

Mary that is beautiful - I really love the smaller blocks around the outside, it balances the quilt perfectly. Gorgeous color in this!

The Quilting Elf said...

Wow! The colors are gorgeous ... I love the smaller blocks on top and bottom - really cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...