Monday, April 25, 2011

Design Wall - Easter Monday

I finally finished the banner. It's at church and will be used starting next week. I ended up finishing the edges all by hand. I sewed them down, then sewed the lining down by hand as well. I wasn't happy with the puckers I was getting in the banner when I sewed by machine, so that was the answer. The loops to hang it from were machine done, but the rest was done by hand. YAY, it's done.

The baby blankets are going to Iraq. I am going to make a few more before I send them off. I think I have enough flannel for at least 4 more. The process to make them with self-borders is pretty easy. I found the pattern here.  I think I may make a few of these the next time a baby comes round.

The cozy moder QOV top is done. I think I will back it will fleece. It's a quick way to put the quilt together and really is very cozy.

To see what is on other design walls, check out Judy's blog.

8 comments:

AnnieO said...

Very lovely banner! The QOV looks terrific--so lively and modern.

happydaysquilting said...

Your banner looks great, you have done a lovely job with the stained glass effect!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on finishing the banner. It looks great.

Chris said...

I love the little blankets. They look so soft and cozy for a baby :)

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

QOV -- love the red border.

Wordfiend said...

The banner is so pretty. Wish we were there to see it in place.

Allie said...

Mary the banner is just gorgeous, you did a fabulous job on it! I love the hanging tabs at the top, it's the perfect finish. The baby blankets are darling, and the QOV is stunning - a simple design, but it has great impact, especially in the colors you used - great job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - I bet you feel good to get all that done. The banner is beautiful! I love your modern QOV!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...