I finally finished the banner. It's at church and will be used starting next week. I ended up finishing the edges all by hand. I sewed them down, then sewed the lining down by hand as well. I wasn't happy with the puckers I was getting in the banner when I sewed by machine, so that was the answer. The loops to hang it from were machine done, but the rest was done by hand. YAY, it's done.
The baby blankets are going to Iraq. I am going to make a few more before I send them off. I think I have enough flannel for at least 4 more. The process to make them with self-borders is pretty easy. I found the pattern here. I think I may make a few of these the next time a baby comes round.
The cozy moder QOV top is done. I think I will back it will fleece. It's a quick way to put the quilt together and really is very cozy.
To see what is on other design walls, check out Judy's blog.