Monday, December 6, 2010

Design Wall Monday

 I've made one more size of Dresden plates. The smallest are about 5 1/2 inches across and the largest about 10 inches. I'm putting them aside for a bit because Christmas is coming, and time isn't slowing down.

I'm quilting the present for my nephew, finally. I have that bright orange fleece for the back, so decided to use orange in the bobbin and a variegated orange to yellow for the top thread. I'm not doing anything fancy, just holding the quilt together. I hope to be done in a couple of weeks.

I baked (with Joe's help) about 28 dozen cookies and 10 pounds of various candy--chocolate fudge with nuts, dark chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge and saltine almond toffee, this weekend. We are helping with a church Christmas cookie sale to raise funds for a mission trip in 2012. I still have more to make. It's a lot of standing and mixing and baking, but we did replace my old Kitchenaid. The speed control stopped working so I took it to be repaired. It's more than 20 years old and it would cost $80 to get it fixed. We decided on a new one. Got it from Costco for a pretty good price.

I'll post more progress pictures on the quilt as I go. Check out what other people have on their design walls on Judy's blog.

1 comment:

Allie said...

They're darling Mary, I'm looking forward to seeing this done - but oh I know what you mean about time not slowing down, lol!

Your thread choice sounds wonderful for your nephew's quilt. 28 dozen cookies???? I bet your kitchen was nice and cozy! I'm going to bake at my mum's this coming weekend. I KNOW we won't get that many done, lol. But it will be for gifts for family and friends. My mixer died Thanksgiving Day, right as I was going to whip the potatoes for mashing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...