Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dyeing Results--and Design Wall Monday


I have about 10 different ombre fabrics. I love the way they look, but I didn't know what to do with them. I came across a pattern on Connecting Threads that gave me this idea. I cut one strip of fabric all the way across the width, then cut it into pieces and it get's sewn back together. I don't know if the whole quilt will be from this one fabric, or if I'll use bunches of different colors. I really like the black as a neutral. I tried white (using Paint to see what it would look like) and I just don't like it as well.Check Judy's blog to more design walls.


Here is the shibori...kind of fun. I don't know what I'll do with it, but it was fun. Obviously I need to  improve my technique if I'm going to do this again. The cloth is 36 x 45 and was wrapped around a metal pipe I had laying around. I used fire red and deep orange together. I like the two colors together and might do something with them again.


The onesies came out really bright. They're still not dry so they'll dry a little lighter. I have to wash all of these still, and have more stuff that still needs to be rinsed. I'll probably do that tomorrow.


How fun is this!

7 comments:

Allie said...

WOW! I love the red and orange - and how gorgeous are those onesies! Makes me happy just to look at them!

The Calico Cat said...

Love the rainbow of onsies!

Teaquilts said...

Great design wall. I like the block using just one (actually two with black) fabric. I like your dyed fabric; very pretty.

Kathie said...

Very bright colors, love them.

kathie L.

Judy D in WA said...

Love, love, love the onsies! They look like color crayons!

Diane said...

you are so creative, I look at your work and say "oh cool".

Quilter Kathy said...

Cool spiral block! And those onesies are ADORABLE...what a great photograph!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...