Monday, April 5, 2010

Design Wall Monday





By rights, I probably shouldn't post this picture. I just helped a friend who was having difficulty matching the center seams...but it's so pretty. The colors aren't very true here, but I can't seem to get them any closer to the actual colors. It's a table runner and I guess the person who taught the class still had the pattern in her head, so it was a bit difficult to understand.

My design wall has the same quilt on it that I had before I went to Hawaii. My internal clock is having a tough time resetting to mountain time after pacific time, so I have been kind of off. I have one more charity quilt top to finish before Thursday (our guild meeting) and I hope to have the two of them done and quilted. I don't know if I'll get to them, but I'm going to try.

I think I am going to dye some onesies...there are babies coming. One niece is having another baby, and there are two women at work having babies. Candied Fabrics has a wonderful tutorial on how she dyes sets of onesies and socks, so I may work on that today. Check back for pictures!

Oh, I almost forgot, check out Judy's blog to see what other folks have on their design walls.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Mary, that's a beautiful table runner! Isn't it amazing how a time difference of a couple of hours (or three or five) can make such a huge difference to our daily lives?? Have a great Monday! :)

Kathie said...

Wow thats a fancy table runner, how cute.

Kathie

Teaquilts said...

Wow! That's my first response to your friend's table runner. Love the colors on the site so I'm sure it's stunning in person.

Melinda said...

Interesting table runner - would be hard without a written pattern.

Allie said...

That tablerunner is really amazing - LOVE the colors and design.
I can't imagine trying to get over a difference in time like that, lol, when even one hour of daylight savings does me in! Good luck getting your quilts done, you can do it!
Candy does have great tutorials - can't wait to see what you come up with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...