The top is done, and everything fit together well. I wasn't sure I measured the center panel correctly to fit inside the log cabin blocks, but all went together well. I've never used plaids before in a quilt, but I've seen some quilts that I liked, and some that I couldn't look at because the plaid wasn't straight in the blocks. I cut the plain for the border so that it was the width of a repeat, so when I pieced the border it wouldn't be noticeable. I was successful (mostly) in matching the plaid so there is no obvious seam.
I bought some fleece that I can use for the backing, but I don't know if I want to use it, or do a typical quilt sandwich and quilt the top.
I'll have to live with it for a bit until I can figure that out. Next...quilting some more of the tops I already have done.
This must be my design wall post. I sewed a blouse this weekend (I'm going to Hawai'i!), but the buttonholes aren't done yet. I also made a quick charity quilt.
If you want to see what others have on their design walls, check out Judy's blog.