Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hunter's Log Cabin-Top Done

The top is done, and everything fit together well. I wasn't sure I measured the center panel correctly to fit inside the log cabin blocks, but all went together well. I've never used plaids before in a quilt, but I've seen some quilts that I liked, and some that I couldn't look at because the plaid wasn't straight in the blocks. I cut the plain for the border so that it was the width of a repeat, so when I pieced the border it wouldn't be noticeable. I was successful (mostly) in matching the plaid so there is no obvious seam.

I bought some fleece that I can use for the backing, but I don't know if I want to use it, or do a typical quilt sandwich and quilt the top.

I'll have to live with it for a bit until I can figure that out. Next...quilting some more of the tops I already have done.

This must be my design wall post. I sewed a blouse this weekend (I'm going to Hawai'i!), but the buttonholes aren't done yet. I also made a quick charity quilt.

If you want to see what others have on their design walls, check out Judy's blog.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very nice!

Ivani said...

WOW beaitiful. You have done such a wonderful job on this top. This will be a gorgeous quilt when you're finished. Hugs.

Kathie said...

Beautiful fabric in the shirt, have a great trip.

Kathie L.

Denise :) said...

Wow, you've been busy! Your blouse in beautiful; what fun colors! Have a fun trip to Hawaii! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the log cabin!
And you lucky duck...you're going to Hawaii?!?
Have a great time!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

I really like how your log cabin is turning out.Great use of a panel. Congrats on going to Hawaii!!

Gail said...

The log cabin turned out so well, and the shirt is terrific, have a wonderful time.

Marilyn said...

Wishing you a great time!

Vicki H. said...

great idea for the hunter's quilt, I need to show the photo to my Mom who is making a hunter's themed quilt. Let us know how the fleece works, I have been too afraid to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...