Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Tote is Finished

I've finished the tote for my niece. I like the colors, I think it's fun. I ended up buying two shorter zippers to close the top. Neither of the near stores had a color match, and I thought about opening from the center before, so I tried it. Kind of fun. The pockets inside and out are all made from the curtain fabric. It's nice and sturdy.
I forgot to put the handles on till the end, so it was a little more difficult, but not horrible. I realized just as I was finishing the last seam on the outside, oops. I think I"m going to make some beaded pulls for the zippers. I have some beads that will match, and it will make it easier to open and close. 

 
Here are the beads and pulls I put on the brown bag. There are two zipper pulls, so I need two decorations. For the purple bag for my other niece, I only have one zipper pull, so one beaded pull.


Here it is.


2 comments:

Debby said...

Both totes are great. I especially like the brown one...very "in" colors.

Allie said...

GORGEOUS - love the two zippers, how clever! Love your beaded pulls too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...