Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pinning

I'm working on quilting another top. I bought fleece for backs for about 6 quilts, so I am trying to get them done. This is the way I pin the tops with fleece. I put the fleece down, and just smooth out the part that is nearest me on the edge of the table. The rest of it remains bunched up on the back of the table. I put the top on the fleece and start pinning. I smooth and pin as I go. I don't stretch the fleece taut, just smooth it out. This works for me, and I don't need a huge table to get it done.

I don't know how I am going to quilt this one yet. But I'll start with outlining the blocks somehow, then maybe quilt in the kaleidoscopes.

bluesignaturesmall

2 comments:

Allie said...

Mary this is gorgeous. That's pretty much how I pin baste too - no more getting down on the floor for me, lol. This quilt is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! Do you ever have issues with the fleece stretching or puckering when you're quilting it? I've tried two quilts with fleece backings and had those problems. Not to mention the *tons* of extra lint to clean out of the bobbin area! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...