I've measured it, and the size is about 50 x 70. If I add borders it's just going to be too large (if I make them 3 inches...the size of the sashing) so I think I'm going to stop here. I might add a 1 inch border so I have something without seams to sew the binding to. Someone suggested I use a striped fabric for the binding. That sounds fun, and I have some great stripes so I'll figure out which one to use. I'm going to find a white (pity the poor person that gets this) fleece for the backing. though I guess I could use a pastel of some kind, that might be a better idea...then not quite so bad in terms of dirt.
I'm pretty sure the local Hancock Fabrics is having a sale on no-pill fleece this weekend, so I'll go down and see what I find. I think I know who is going to get this one, another niece (I have many). This turned out better than I thought it would when I first got the blocks. I guess white can really set things off too, especially a disparate group of blocks like this.
Hey, I made a scrappy quilt, and I didn't have to make a big mess!