Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Bit of Snow

Here is the current view out my front door. No, there isn't dust on the lens, that's snow. The temperature is actually skewed upwards because that thermometer sits on the chimney, and the flue for the heat goes through the chimney. The high today is supposed to be 17, we have about 12 inches of snow and it's still falling.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get to work today. The high in the Springs is supposed to be about 24, but when I look at the traffic cams, there isn't much accumulation of snow, probably just icy.

We did get a new 2-stage snow blower, but the problem is (with a forecast of possible 3-7 more inches) I don't think I'd be able to get back in my driveway. If there was some convenient place to park the car, then walk up and use the snow blower I could probably do that, but there just isn't. Maybe it will stop and I'll just get to work late.

Here is one more picture, I looked out the window and saw this on top of the light. Why did it pile up that particular way, and how does it stay? It must be because of the friction of the snow flakes that it can be in that shape and relatively stable.

Have a wonderful autumn day!


1 comment:

Allie said...

Eek - if that isn't a scary picture for Halloween, lol! Sure is pretty, in a glad-it's-not-MY-house kind of way. That's too funny how it's piled up on that light!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...