Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Journal Page

Thought I'd post to show what kinds of things I will be doing in the journal. I've been saving pictures to an inspiration file for a while. One of them was peeling eucalyptus bark, which led me to look for some more pictures of eucalyptus. I found this one of leaves (these are the type I remember from growing up in southern California--I could almost smell the eucalyptus while I was looking at the pictures.) I then made a palette by pulling colors from the picture, printed the picture and the palette, then taped them into the journal. I have colored pencils, so pulled out the colors that were inspired by the palette. I used pencil to draw--tried a fine tipped marker, but the journal pages are too thin and it bled through--to sketch something that might be a quilt one day, and made notes of what I was thinking, or what ideas came to me about what should happen in the quilt.

I enjoyed the process, and will do some more. I don't know how many, if any, of these will become quilts, but here is a place to start thinking.

bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love this! You're very talented, Mary. I'd love to get outside [before the snow hits] and take pics of things for inspiration as well, and I never remember. Sheesh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...