Sunday, September 27, 2009

Journal Cover


While I was in Grand Junction about 3 weeks ago, I bought this book. I bought a sketch book to use while I was working on the exercises in the book. Sometime in the past week or so, I saw a journal cover that was sewn to the journal, instead of slipped on, so today I decided to make one. I have some hand-dyed fabric from guild programs, so chose one of them. It's not perfect, but for a first one, it's OK. I have to figure out a better way to attach it. I think if the cover of the sketchbook was heavier stock that would have worked well, but I like the way it looks. I'll let you know how it holds up. You can click on the picture to get a bigger view.

bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh how I love that book - I had no clue it was on scribd! Your journal cover is really pretty - I clicked on it to try to figure out how it was attached, but it's beyond me, lol! Good idea to use a sketch book for the exercises, I'll have to dig one up. I know we have several around here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...