Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yay! I Figured it Out

I was finally able to get the Bailey's skipped stitches problem (mostly) figured out. I played with the tension some more and got it working, at least for this quilt. I used a simple free motion pattern in each color block, just back and forth with rounded ends.
Like this. This is the back of the quilt, and I added some of the leftover blocks to the back to make it wider and to add a bit of interest. The back and the front go together OK, nothing spectacular, but the quilt is sandwiched AND QUILTED! YAY.

I was able to finally get it working because I re-read this blog post and loosened the top tension. I also increased the tension in the bobbin and the top tension before I played some more. The weird thing is that even though the top tension was loosened quite a bit, the stitches are still mostly balanced. Who knew.

Just some binding and a label and it's ready to go, and the baby isn't even due until November. I don't know what to think about that :-)

I've linked up to Lee, at Freshly Pieced.


Kirsten said...

Great colours in your quilt and those ducks are so cute! Glad you were able to work out the skipped stitches problems too.

Lorinda said...

I really like the pattern and colors you chose. It looks woven to me. And you did a great job on the quilting too! Thanks for sharing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...