Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yay! Done! (and Design Wall)

It's only the 1st of April and I'm done with the March UFO. I backed and bound it with sort of a light olive green fleece. I asked Joe what he thought of it, he asked who it was for. I said if you want it, you can have it, so now he has a quilt that he likes, YAY!

The colors on the one below are pretty true, but mostly I posted that one because you can see the beautiful blue skies today. We are getting some buds on the aspen tree outside the house (just a few so far) but there are some, which is pretty early. 

Now on to the next UFO, it's this one, and I think it will be easy. It's pretty small and I think I already have some fleece to finish it!

Then I have to make a fleece and a raincoat for myself. I don't have a pattern yet, but I think I'll just modify a shirt pattern I use.

Check out Judy's blog to see more design walls.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

great job! is that a 4 patch posie?

Allie said...

BEAUTIFUL finishes, Mary!!! How lovely that Joe loves it so much. Those skies look amazing, too, it's been so grey here....I'm ready for some sunshine and blue skies myself!

Bonnie said...

Nice quilts. Do you use batting with the fleece? I am guessing you use fleece for extra warmth?

Unknown said...

Wow, you are going to town with all your UFO finishes!

JudyCinNC said...

I love this quilt - thank you so much for sharing it. Please explain about the blocks - are each of them interesting fabric or all pieced blocks? Unfortunately, I can't get it enlarged enough to see. Love the colors. Judy C

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

It's nice to finish!

I really like the blue sashing/border fabric you used in #2.

Chris said...

Don't you love those 4 Patch patterns? I love making them too. They are always so fun to see when the blocks come together.

Diane Kelsey said...

Two lovely quilts. You are certainly going to be busy this month.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the finish Mary...way to go!

Melinda said...

Beautiful quilts - you are making great progress on UFOs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay - I am impressed that you got your march UFO done!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...