Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Painted Stairs

 Here is the fun I've been having, painting and also trying to make a couple of rain jackets for Joe and me. We are going to Ireland this summer, and I understand it rains nearly every day, thus the raincoats.

Back to the stairs. They have been unpainted, unfinished pine and quite ugly for a while. I got tired or looking at them, so researched how to paint stairs. I've primed, painted two coats of the  yellow border and one coat of the green. I need to paint one more coat of the green, then top it all of with urethane. I was trying to figure out how to make the paint more permanent. You can get deck paint, but it is oil-based and quite stinky (or so I believe). I was reading lots of information on the net, and one (or more) people said to top it off with urethane. Well, it works for hardwood, so why not paint. I know it will eventually scratch, but I'm OK with that. It certainly looks better than it did before. I guess any change is an improvement.

No quilting lately, but still, stuff is getting done.

1 comment:

Allie said...

That looks really nice, Mary! And like a heck of a lot of work. Good for you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...