Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday-March 5, 2012

 This is the top I'm working on right now. It's not actually on the wall, but on the sewing table, because I'm giving a shot at quilting some feathers on it.

Here is the design from the front. Not too bad. I decided to use the funky feathers from Suzanne Earley's Meandering Magic. It's no longer in print but she's working on making it available via PDF.

The back is a bit more telling. I'm using fleece and you can see the thread is kind of bunching  up. I'm pretty pleased with how it is turning out. I'll keep at it, and since this is a charity quilt and the quilt police won't be inspecting it, I'm happy to keep going.

By the way, last week I showed my Modern Bargello quilt. I haven't decided how to quilt it yet, so it's resting. But a few commenters asked about the pattern. Since I made it based on an inspiration I wrote up the pattern, if you're interested. You can click on this link and save the PDF to your computer.

Enjoy

To see other design walls, check out Judy's blog.

12 comments:

Jane said...

Your feathers look great on the front! Don't know whats happening on the back. Unfortunately, I usually like mine better from the back! Love your bargello...very creative!

Sue Daurio said...

You are so wonderful!!! Thank you so much for putting the pattern together. This is definitely on my list of things to do, can't wait to get started. Love the way the feathers are looking on your quilt, fabulous!

heather said...

I like your feathers. I haven't tried that on my home machine yet but I'm trying to get up thenerve.

Nann said...

Thank you for the pattern! That design is so eye-catching.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and the feather quilting is so neat!

Kathie said...

I think you are doing a great job with the feathers.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your feathering looks great! It will really enhance your quilt! And thanks for sharing the PDF of your Modern Bargello - very beautiful!!!

LuAnn said...

I love your quilts, and I think your feather quilting looks great!!!

Unknown said...

Love your quilted feather - I've got to try fleece - bet it would be so soft and cuddly! Thanks for sharing the pattern to your gorgeous Bargello quilt - it is beautiful.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

Thanks again!

I so enjoy your Design Wall posts. They are very inspiring!!

Annie said...

I loved your Modern Bargello the first time I saw it! Thanks for the tutorial, which I'm going to download right now!

Danih03 said...

Your feathers look great! Sorry you are having problems. Have you tried changing the needle & rethreading the machine? Also maybe adjusting your tension, and cleaning the lent out of your bobbin? I know how frustrating it can be. I came to the conclusion with my machine,after trying everything,(even getting it serviced) that my vintage machine just didn't like to FMQ, so I bought a new one. I hope you work it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...