Saturday, January 28, 2012

Got the Featherweight!

Isn't this fun. I drove and picked up the machine today. I stopped to see Joe before I went home, and checked my calendar for something and realized there was a guild sewing day for charity quilts. I stopped by and got to use the Featherweight. It sews great! I'm very happy I got it. I know it doesn't really weigh like a feather, but only about 11 pounds (if the bathroom scale can be trusted...can we trust it)? I don't know what the Bernina weighs, but next time I get it out of the table I weigh it and see.

The stitches are even and it sewed just fine through fleece. I'll have to compare the quarter inch stitch on the Singer to the Bernina, so I don't have to sew a project with only one machine.

I am a happy camper....ummm, I mean sewer! (I never realized that on who sews and the underground pipes that carry sewage were spelled the same. Isn't English funny.)

2 comments:

Lindi said...

Woohoo! Glad she's now with you. All you have to do, now, is give her a name....because Featherweights have to have a name! :)))

Lynette said...

Yay! I wish I didn't have to lug my heavy baby around for classes and workshops. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...