Saturday, January 28, 2012

Got the Featherweight!

Isn't this fun. I drove and picked up the machine today. I stopped to see Joe before I went home, and checked my calendar for something and realized there was a guild sewing day for charity quilts. I stopped by and got to use the Featherweight. It sews great! I'm very happy I got it. I know it doesn't really weigh like a feather, but only about 11 pounds (if the bathroom scale can be trusted...can we trust it)? I don't know what the Bernina weighs, but next time I get it out of the table I weigh it and see.

The stitches are even and it sewed just fine through fleece. I'll have to compare the quarter inch stitch on the Singer to the Bernina, so I don't have to sew a project with only one machine.

I am a happy camper....ummm, I mean sewer! (I never realized that on who sews and the underground pipes that carry sewage were spelled the same. Isn't English funny.)


Lindi said...

Woohoo! Glad she's now with you. All you have to do, now, is give her a name....because Featherweights have to have a name! :)))

LynCC said...

Yay! I wish I didn't have to lug my heavy baby around for classes and workshops. :D


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...