Sunday, September 25, 2011

I did some sewing-Design Wall Monday

 I took some time to sew this weekend, so got the binding done on two quilts. Here is one of them. This is a QOV and I sent it out to be quilted. It is fluffier than I like, but it's done. Now I need to make the label and pillowcase, and it will be ready to be presented.

The flag fabric is what I used for the Stack n Whack octagons in this QOV. I like the way the whole thing turned out. It was beautifully quilted and I even like the backing. I found it on sale at a local quilt shop, and I think it goes well, kind of restful.

I need to make the label and the pillowcase for this one as well, I think I'll be able to get them done today



 



I was "babysitting" (is that what you call it when you stay with other people's kids who are 17 and 12?) and brought stuff along to keep me busy. They took care of themselves, so not much for me to do. I stopped and bought a couple of strip packs from Walmart on the way there, and am making a jelly roll race quilt. I'll post pictures when I get it closer to done. Here is what I have right now.
I also got the ironing surface done. I've had this cotton curtain panel from Walmart for a while. I made a quilt bag from it abotago, and decided it was a nice bright look (and I had it) so covered the board with thin cotton batting, then the striped cotton. I haven't used it yet. It's not attached to the machines underneath, and I'm not sure about the height. I think it will work, if not, I'll figure out how to make it taller.

Check out Judy's Blog to see more design walls.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I love the octagonal quilt. It's a beauty for sure.

Diane said...

that sounds like my kinda babysitting! :)
love the striped cover!

Vicki H. said...

The quilts look great. I am sure you call it babysitting with teens but they may get offended. How about "hanging out"? :)

Allie said...

Both quilts are great Mary, but I really love the octagons! What an amazing quilt. Your new ironing pad looks wonderful.
Yep, call it babysitting - when I first moved to TX, I got a job right away babysitting for an agency. I stayed with very wealthy kids, most of whom were teens, and I hardly ever saw them, lol! The parents just wanted another adult in the house. I did see the maids when they brought me tea and breakfast to the [amazing] guest rooms! What a glimpse into another way of life.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Love the colors of your jellyroll race quilt. Have heard of that before so I'll be watching for the results. Should be pretty. And I wouldn't call it babysitting in front of them. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...