Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hunting Quilt of Valor

It's taken me a while to finish quilting this one. Didn't take me much time at all to piece the top. I want to be more constant when I am quilting so I can get them done. It's not my favorite part of making a quilt, but necessary.

It's backed with a blue/black/white camo fleece. I ended up doing an outline around each of the motifs in the center, then quilting in concentric squares (I just looked it up, because that's the way I am, concentric actually should only refer to circular things but I'm using it anyway) around the panel.

I hope to give it to my friend early next week so she can present to the soldier it was made for...finally.

I'm going to design a label for it and use some iron-on printable paper I found a while ago. I'll post a picture of that when I get it done. I have an idea of what I want it to look like. Let's see if I can do it.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Mary that is so beautiful - the soldier will just love it. Fleece on the back sounds wonderful. Great job!
I never know how to quilt things...sigh. That's probably the longest part, deciding what to do!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is beautiful!! The soldier will LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...