Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hunting Quilt of Valor

It's taken me a while to finish quilting this one. Didn't take me much time at all to piece the top. I want to be more constant when I am quilting so I can get them done. It's not my favorite part of making a quilt, but necessary.

It's backed with a blue/black/white camo fleece. I ended up doing an outline around each of the motifs in the center, then quilting in concentric squares (I just looked it up, because that's the way I am, concentric actually should only refer to circular things but I'm using it anyway) around the panel.

I hope to give it to my friend early next week so she can present to the soldier it was made for...finally.

I'm going to design a label for it and use some iron-on printable paper I found a while ago. I'll post a picture of that when I get it done. I have an idea of what I want it to look like. Let's see if I can do it.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Mary that is so beautiful - the soldier will just love it. Fleece on the back sounds wonderful. Great job!
I never know how to quilt things...sigh. That's probably the longest part, deciding what to do!

Alycia said...

That is beautiful!! The soldier will LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...